Friday, March 6, 2009
San Jose Regional Convention
The Phi Theta Kappa Nevada/California Region Convention was held in San Jose California from March 5th to 7th.
Ryan Calic, Courtney Caldwell, Sofia Lozano along with Advisor, Paul Roscelli, represented our Chapter. Ryan ran for the position of Vice President of the Nevada/California region, although he did not win, the entire chapter is very proud of his excellent performance. (See Ryan's Speech)
Our Chapter did extremely well this season, in addition to Ryan's candidature, the chapter won several recognitions.
1) Five Star Chapter Level (the highest activity level possible and for the 11th straight year)
2) A Regional Art Award went to multimedia student Courtney Caldwell
3) A Regional Literary Award went to Jonathan Werden
4) A Distinguished Officer Award went to Rene Rivera
5) A Distinguished Chapter Advisor Award went to Paul Roscelli
6) A Leadership Hallmark Award was earned by the Chapter
7) The college's chapter was recognized as the second most Distinguished Chapter in the entire Region--out of 87 chapters.
The chapter is very proud of its achievements. As always this standard of excellence was a joint effort of members and advisers that so we will keep working on and improving as time goes on.